The Options Fair 2022 was hosted at Downers South High School at 1436 Norfolk Street Downers Grove, IL 60516
These programs were offered to the public free of charge. Over 700 people were attending.
Date & Time of the event: Monday, October 17, 2022 , 6-8 PM
Options Fair 2022 Gallery
Letter to families
Students with an IEP or 504 Plan and their families are invited to attend the Options Fair Monday, October 17, 6:00-8:00pm at Downers Grove South High School 1436 Norfolk Street, Downers Grove. The OPTIONS FAIR was established to offer students with special needs an opportunity to meet with colleges and universities, trades/certification programs, as well as agencies that can provide services after high school. This program is free to the public and no pre-registration is required.
More than three dozen colleges and universities will attend, along with another three dozen other agencies focused on options after high school.
The fair is divided into four clusters:
- College degree programs with information regarding admissions and accommodations.
- College experience programs for those interested in continuing their education formally after high school with a focus on developing vocational, social, independent living and academic skills for employment and beyond.
- Trades/certification programs with information regarding admissions and training opportunities in trades such as automotive, skilled manufacturing, HVAC, welding, and computer technology
- Adult agencies/services that will provide insight about accessing state funding and services, obtaining government benefits, guardianship, long-term financial planning, day programs and more.
Options Fair 2022 Agenda (October 17, 2022)
|6:10-7:00 pm||College Experience Panel |
For students looking for additional schooling post-high school but not seeking a degree
– Elizabeth Potter, M.D. Outreach Development Specialist
P.A.C.E at National Louis University
– Tracy Kline, Program Coordinator, Developmental Education
COACH Program at College of Dupage
– Timothy Ahlberg, Assistant Director of Admission Elmhurst University
ELSA Program at Elmhurst University
|6:45-7:15 pm||Understanding the Alphabet Soup of Government Benefits |
For families who are looking to receive benefits such as SSI, SSDI, Medicaid, etc
– Sherri Scheinder Family Benefit Solutions Inc.
|7-7:50 pm||College accommodations ADA vs. IDEA|
For students who will attend college
– Samantha Salvato, MA, LCPC
Parent / Guardian Entrance & Maps